Friday, December 10, 2010

12:09 a.m.

The cat winds around my feet then skips just far enough away to force me to stretch to pet him. Hand meets back, and he purrs.

He's trying to herd me toward the bedroom.

Girl went to bed fairly early for her after taking a three and a half hour nap this afternoon.

We watched Donnie Darko tonight (not for the first time), a film we both love. For her, it's a film about her life, about teenagers. Doesn't matter that it's set 22 years ago.

For me, it's the creepy, philosophical, confusing, luscious weirdness that I love. And the conversations it inspires with my child.

We are tired here.

Reverb 10 - back burner for a while. I need to get back to the novel. The daily prompt project is just another way for me to avoid the work I not only need to be doing but want to be doing.

So, maybe next year. Or maybe I'll do the prompts another month, another decade.

Time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment