Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dear Lizzie,

This is one of those posts that you've decided not to share. Bye, bye post! See you tomorrow or never.

Get back to work writing essays now. Or take a break; go rent a bad movie. You've been working hard. The work is harder when the writing goes badly. Your brain feels a bit like clay you've been squishing too long. It's drying out and not good for molding into anything.

Have some dinner.

Have a glass of wine.

Drink some cold, cold water.

But, please, don't use the toaster for a while.

Love,
ej

ps - Last night, I decided to have a frosted cinnamon Poptart for dessert. The frosting bubbled up and off the pastry onto my thumb when I tried to pluck the damned thing out of the toaster. It's going to be a long time before I have a Pop-tart again.
Love,
ej

2 comments:

  1. ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!!! You might need an assistant for pop-tart making! Maybe she (or he, he would be nice -- Jeeves?!?) could work for me as well - I need an assistant for setting up my little over-the-lap desk for my lap-top, I pinch the daylights out of myself almost EVERY time.

    Hope this heals quick - got any aloe??

    ReplyDelete