Monday, December 19, 2011

book hollowing photo essay (2 dozen + images)

Credit goes to Heather Rivers. Her post, How to Hollow out a Book in 80 Easy Steps, is the one I followed most closely.



Photobucket

Instructions


Photobucket

Supplies!


Photobucket

The book I chose to desecrate.


Photobucket

Slicing out an extra page just in case (didn't use it).


Photobucket

Wrapping the covers.






Photobucket

More wrapping.


Photobucket

Even more wrapping



Photobucket

Glue!


Photobucket

Glue, cup, brushes, book.


Photobucket

Gluing the edges


Photobucket

Drying with books. The more eclectic the assortment, the better, I thought.


Photobucket

"Pet me? Please?"


Photobucket

"I will not look you in the eye when you aim that thing at me. purrrrrup!"


Photobucket

Page cutting begins.


Photobucket

Messy cutting.


Photobucket

Cutting took hours, but I only needed one bandaid during the process.


Photobucket

Blerg. Cutting.


Photobucket

This isn't working.


Photobucket

Meh.


Photobucket

Holy cow! I made it!


Photobucket

Tee hee.


Photobucket

Prettifying the back inside cover.


Photobucket

Music!


Photobucket

Nearly done!


Photobucket

Lookie! It's a book!


Photobucket

Just a book.


Photobucket

A hollow book!



*


Apologies if the images are too large. My knowledge of html, etc., goes only so far, and then I start to quake with confusion.

The end product is far, far from perfect, but I'm happy with the results and mostly enjoyed the process. My Girl loves it. She wants to make one, too, some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment